Welcome to Maine Standard Poodles

AKA - Kennebec River Standard Poodles

I have been raising AKC Standard Poodle puppies since 1990. These puppies are home raised, with lots of socialization. I have one litter a year, looking for that special dog I can put in the show ring.

Parents are tested for Sebaceous Adenitis, hips, von Willebrand's disease, PRA (progressive retinal atrophy) and their thyroid is checked.

The pups are sold with an AKC limited registration with a spay/neuter clause.

If you are looking to place a poodle in a new home, please contact me..

My Next Litter will be early February 2015.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

5 Days to Go Before Delivery

Hello again. Jewel had a low dose x ray last Thursday, July 17th, to check on the number of pups she'll be delivering and it was an astonishing 11. As she delivers each one we towel dry them, check the sex and weigh them. Then we assign he or she a colored Rick Rack collar. That color collars stays with that particular pup until it leaves for their new home...I'm hoping there's enough Rick Rack colors for as many pups she's going to have :-)
Obviously with this many pups and 7 nipples I'll be weighing the pups daily and shifting pups around on her. It's easy for a pup to loose ground with this size litter so I won't be leaving her side for awhile. Look for another update and video by Sunday the 27th.

No comments: